Saturday, May 8, 2010

What a great day

I love Saturdays. R and I ended up staying up later than we expected last night because the sheets for our bed were in a battle of the wills with the dryer. The dryer said 'dry!', the sheets said, 'I don't think so'. But I love sleeping on freshly washed sheets, so it was worth the wait. I guess that we could have just put a different set of sheets on the bed, but that would be the easy way, and then I'd have to fold the fitted sheet, which never folds neatly. I'm a control freak, I need even edges. Fitted sheets irk me.

For whatever blessed reason, R let me sleep in. When I woke up, I honestly thought it was 11 am, but it was only 9. Whew! We needed to go to the credit union and sign some paperwork and other than that, we had no real plans for today. Unlike last weekend, things went really smoothly at the credit union, and we were out of there in about a half hour. We decided to let the kids pick where we would eat lunch, so of course they picked Burger King. Before I complain about a meal consisting mainly of fat and salt and sugar, let me give kudos to BK. The apple fries are awesome, even if you don't use the caramel sauce you get with them (which is a little squirt of heaven). And they now offer fat free milk that both kids sucked down. Go figure.

The toys in the kids meals were from Iron Man 2, so that got T started on how much he wanted to see the movie. I didn't think he liked the first one all that much, so I was surprised. We had planned to take the kids to see it on Sunday, but ended up going today when the movie theater wasn't as crowded as we thought it would be. Even though we had all just eaten lunch, we ended up getting popcorn which we devoured before the movie was halfway over. I can't believe how much T is eating these days. I fully expect him to wake up one morning in the next two weeks the size of a 12 year old. S fell asleep during the movie, which was an impressive feat with all the noise and action that was happening. T, Mr. I don't know what quiet means, complained that the movie was too loud during the action sequences and too boring during the non action sequences. Sigh. Dude, just watch the movie, mmmmkay?

After the movie, we were on our way home when T asked if we could stop by Hardees and get something to eat. Seriously?!?! We managed to get him home without any meltdowns over food, but he kept asking for something to eat until we sat down for dinner around 5:15. I have no idea how we are going to feed this kid when he becomes a teenager.

No comments: