Thursday, May 13, 2010

Screening

I started this entry on Thursday night after I got back from Zumba and R and I watched our dvr'd Survivor episode. (BTW - dear any listening Deity: Please do NOT let Russell win. His crazy eyes and attitude towards women in general really creep me out.) After that, R went to bed and I started my daily blog entry.

I was having some trouble coming up with an entry that I was happy with. I was too tired to be any sort of humorous and there were cookies in the pantry chanting "EAT US NOW. EAT US NOW". I'm happy to say I did not eat them, but I thought about it aplenty.

Usually when I'm having trouble, I just start typing whatever's on my mind (which explains some of the random rambling, right?) and then I go back and do my best to edit it into something presentable. So I'm typing and I'm typing and I notice that blogger's auto save is having trouble. This is not good. I do not use 'proper' typing technique and I can't even begin to estimate how many times I've had a good portion of an entry accidentally erased because some part of my hand will hit the touchpad just right and it will highlight and delete much of my hard work. This is SO frustrating. By saving frequently, I can usually exit out quickly and go back to edit and most of what I typed will be there. Last night when the save function wasn't working, I thought - no problem, I'll just copy this and paste it to Word document or something and no harm, no foul. Yeah. Well. Unless there's something obvious I'm missing, blogger will not let you copy or cut so you can paste. So I lost my entire entry, which is why I'm posting this instead. And honestly, the only good thing I had to talk about was how this cute little pardner (no I didn't misspell that) had his eye on S at the preschool screening. She, true to the diva she is, never even noticed this cutie pie. But man, did he notice her! He'd sort of follow her where ever she went, but he never approached her or said a word. He had on blue jeans and cowboy boots, and he was a-to the-dorable. She's put a toy down and he's pick it up and just hold it, all the while looking at her with stars in his baby blue eyes. S was interested in trotting after the older girls and seeing what they were doing, so everyone else in the room might as well have been invisible. Cute! But also - the teenage years should be interesting indeed.

The screening went fine, I would be really surprised if they put her in the pre K program that T is in. I was also greatly amused at the amount of things she knows how to do that she would not do on command - like count, tell her last name, tell her age, say her ABC's, and twiddle her thumbs. I didn't even bother to tell them she couldn't do those things, but when we got home, I asked her to do some of them and she just looked at me and said flatly, 'No." ahhahahaaaaaaaaa. I'm adding future teachers to the list of people I have great sympathy for in dealing with the diva.

Food and exercise log:
Breakfast – yogurt 110 cal
Lunch – Qdoba naked ck taco salad 430 cal
McD’s vanilla ice cream cone 150 cal
Snack – graham crackers 130
Dinner- egg white omelet 60 cal
Reduced fat cheese 30 cal
Steamed veggies 80 cal
Snack – graham crackers 130 cal
Popcorn 200 cal
4 mini oreos, snickers bar 300 cal

Exercise:
45 min ArcTrainer 650 cal burned
Weights/strength training 20 min. 150 cal burned

Total calories eaten: 1620 Total calories burned: 800

No comments: