Friday, May 28, 2010

My kind of Friday

I am one very grateful woman today! Sex and the City 2 opened yesterday. I watched almost the entire series on HBO back in the day and I liked the first movie. When R saw the trailer for it a few weeks ago, he told me to decide when I wanted to go and let him know. We talked about my going to see it last night after Zumba, but I wasn't going to have enough time to come home, shower, change, and then get to the theater for the 10 pm show. And believe me, I was going to need to shower after a Misti-led Zumba class! (BTW-the new shoes were great. It's going to take me a bit to get used to them, but they only weigh 3 ounces so it's literally like Zumba-ing on air.)

Instead, I asked R if he'd mind if I went today. Most people would be working, so I could go to an early show and not have to worry about trying to find a seat if I was running late. The kids loved Shrek 4 enough that they asked to go and see it again, so it worked out that R and the kids went to see Shrek (since he didn't get to go with us earlier this week) and I went to see SATC. I love it when a plan comes together!

No spoilers here, but I did really like the movie. But I like the characters, so it would be difficult to make a SATC anything I didn't like. After the movie, we came home and did some yard work and we let the kids run through the sprinkler until dinner. Tomorrow we are either going to the pool or to Six Flags, depending on the weather. Welcome summer!! Today was really warm, but much less humid so I actually enjoyed being outside when it was over 80 degrees. Will miracles never cease?!?! And also...the jeans I bought that were a little tight at the time? They are now almost too loose. WOOOHOOOOO!

No comments: