Monday, May 3, 2010

Diet Diary Day - entry 8

I've got nothin' for you today. Haven't lost any weight. Haven't gained any weight. My number on the scale, much like my attitude last week, was 'meh'. Of course, since I vowed to be honest, it's not like I'm exactly doing stellar with my eating. I came up with the idea last week of substituting pellet ice when I want to snack. I figure that's a great way to boost my water intake and curb my nighttime snacking since ice has no calories. The only problem with that is that I have to go and buy said pellet ice, which involves going to a convenience store that also has all kinds of fat and sugar for sale disguised as food. Food which I really would like to eat some days. Okay, most days.

I am still working out a lot. I'm in the gym 6 days a week for a minimum of an hour. Something's got to give soon, right? The good news is that under this layer of fat and loose skin is a pretty awesome body. Too bad I can't just suck out all the fat and tighten up all the loose skin. But I also know that if I don't have to work for a healthier weight and toned body that I won't appreciate it. I feel for my kids in this respect. I have to do everything the hard way, and so does R. I'm not sure T or S stand a chance of having an easy time of anything.

T had a doctor's appointment on Friday afternoon and his new physician mentioned we needed to watch his BMI. Dude - have you even LOOKED at my son? (The answer to that is no, he did not.) There's not a bit of extra flesh on him. The kid has a freakin' six pack for crying out loud. He's in the 95th percentile of height and weight for his age. Of course, when I told R about this he shrugged and said that according to the BMI charts, R is considered overweight. That makes me laugh. There is NO way R is overweight. Me thinks these doctors should look at the patients before they announce they are BMI fodder. It also makes me dread my physical on the 18th even though I'm 60+ pounds lighter than I was this time last year. UGH.

So, the goals for this week are to stop snacking after dinner, get to bed at a decent hour, continue with the workouts, ingest more pellet ice, and stay away from the ice cream section in the commissary. Totally doable.

1 comment:

Hippo Brigade said...

um, hi? You're at the gym for 6 days a week, an hour each time? You're gonna loose some lbs for sure! I wish I had your dedication. Keep it up girl!