Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Today is Tuesday

T's class is working on learning the calendar - what the months of the year and days of the week are and what the current date is. So in the morning when I get T up, I'll say what the month, day, and date are. This morning marks a couple weeks that we've been doing this so T should be cluing in to some of it by now. But no. This morning -

Me: Today is Tuesday, May 11th.
T: Oh
Me: What day of the week is it?
T: Is today a school day?
Me: Yes. What day of week is it?
T: I don't know.
Me: I just said it. Can you try to remember?
T: Yeah.

...waiting.....waiting.....

Me: Do you remember what yesterday was?
T: Yeah, we didn't go swimming, but we went to the big gym.
Me: true, but what day was yesterday?
T: Ummmm...Sunday?
Me: No, Sunday was the day before yesterday. What day comes after Sunday?
T: Is it a school day?
Me: Yes.
T: Uh...I don't know.
Me: Do you remember the days of the week?
T: Days of the week?
Me: Yes. There are seven days of the week.
T: Right, right.
Me: So........
T: Can I watch cartoons?
Me: If you can tell me what day it is today.
T: (getting really frustrated) I just don't know it, OKAY?!
Me: Silly, I just told you a minute ago.
T: (sighing) Mom, you know I don't listen to you because you are always talking too much.
Me: (trying not to laugh) Ahhhh, I see.
T: So can I watch cartoons now?
Me: If you can tell me what day it is.
T: If it's not Sunday then I don't know.
Me: What are the days of the week, T?
T: Mom, you are making my brain hurt.
Me: Sunday, then Monday, then.......
T: I only like Sundays.
Me: Today is Tuesday, May 11th.
T: Okay. Tuesday, May 11th.
Me: So what is the day of the week?
T: I just told you. You have to pay attention.
Me: True. But since I forgot, could you please tell me again?
T: You need to look at the calendar. The calendar tells you what day it is. The calendar, Mom.
Me: You just said it.
T: Then why do I have to say it again?
Me: Just tell me, please.
T: It's Sunday.
Me: It's Tuesday.
T: Moooooooooooooom. This conversation is boring.


Okay then. Once I got the kids downstairs and through breakfast, we started the getting out the door dance. S refused to find shoes this morning. If she didn't have 10 pair scattered all around, I might -might - be more sympathetic to her "I can't find it" plight. We have this issue several times a week, so I was determined that today if she didn't find and put on her shoes herself, then she could just go without. When it was time to leave for school, S had no shoes on, so I put her in the car without them. When we got to school, I realized this was not my brightest idea because the parking lot was full of puddles. Way to teach who a lesson, Brooke?!? I carry her across the parking lot to the dry sidewalk, and we walk T to class. When we go in, she announces "I have no shoes!" I explain to Charlotte why she has no shoes and she laughs and says, "It doesn't look like it really matters to her a bit, does it?" No. No it didn't matter to her one bit. On the way home she says, "See, Mommy? I don't need shoes." Yeesh.



Food intake and exercise for Monday:

Breakfast:
Yoplait fat free yogurt - 110 cal.
Snack:
1/2 cup sliced strawberries - 40 cal
Lunch:
1 cup brown rice - 240 cal
1 cup steamed broccoli - 30
teaspoon low fat Parmesan and sprinkle of sliced almonds - @30 calories
Snack:
Hostess 100 calorie cupcake pack (I only ate two of the three) - 67 calories
Dinner:
apple - 110 calories
pb&j on sandwich thin - 450 calories
Snack:
popcorn - 80 calories
slice of pizza (I KNOW, okay?!?) 380 calories

Exercise:
35 min on ArcTrainer - 501 calories
1 hour high intensity Zumba - 550 calories
@25 min of strength training - 150 calories

Total calories consumed - 1537
Total calories burned -1201

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Tucker is a hoot! I'm telling you, he really is a genius. He just wasn't into the day of the week thing this morning. LOL.