Saturday, January 2, 2010

Just a quick update on the lost pictures blog

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who emailed me or posted a comment about my distress over the lost pictures. You gave some great advice, which I'm taking to heart. The relationship with my mother in law is what it is and there's obviously nothing I can do about it. Time for me to just accept the reality (because I thought I had, but apparently hadn't completely accomplished that) and move on. This is where the serenity prayer will come in very handy indeed. I wonder if there's a 12 step program somewhere for wayward in law relations.... In-laws anonymous...

Anyhow, just a quick update and it will be the last word I blog about on this particular situation, my reply to her "must have thrown it out" email was obviously upset and heartfelt enough for her to email me back letting me know that she did in fact have the brag book. I guess it wasn't impressive enough for her to register its existence since she'd seen some of the pictures on Annie's website. I haven't replied. I just can't. It will only get toxic from this point forward anyway. Lesson learned.

No comments: