Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Keeping with our really exciting lifestyle, we have absolutely no plans whatsoever for New Years this year. I think a year or two ago we were going to let the kids stay up and have a little home party, but S crashed out by 10 pm and T was sincerely unimpressed with any of it. And let's be honest, I think R and I go to bed on average about 30 minutes earlier a night each year, so staying up until midnight is too much like work. Yes, even on New Years. We are just soooooooo hip and happening. The fact that I even used the phrase 'hip and happening' should prove how hopelessly un-hip I am. Shocker, isn't it?

The good news, actually the great news, is that we are starting the New Year out in our new home. I'll have some pics posted later (after we get internet hooked up at our new place and it won't take half an hour to upload a picture). We are living on base, which I think is the best decision for now. There were some great houses available, but I'm ready to be close to things for a while. The housing here is beautiful and we don't have anything behind us but a field. Let's hope that this farmer doesn't use the same fertilizer that German farmers did. Peee-ewwwww.

So, today we are checking out of the hotel and accepting delivery of our unaccompanied baggage shipment which includes S's crib, our bedding, COATS!!!!!, and enough stuff to get us buy until the rest of our stuff gets delivered on Tuesday. I'm so impressed how quickly everything got scheduled. Now, the question is whether I can live without internet over an entire weekend. I'm guessing no way, but thanks to the ease of wireless access around here, I'm sure I can figure out something. heh.

So Happy New Year everyone! Last year was a record one for us in so many ways. I hope that everyone has a happy and healthy 2010 and that it's filled with love and laughter.

No comments: