Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Household goods!

Our household goods were delivered today.

We have a lot of stuff. Like, 151 boxes full. Even after we got rid of so much before leaving Germany. It's actually baffling. This house should be big enough to hold all our goods with room left over, but I think it's the spatial arrangement that is the holdup. I'm grateful for the closets (and we have a LOT of them here), but with a little tweaking of design, the kids could easily have a nice sized playroom and I could have a bathroom where one hip doesn't brush the toilet paper and the other one graze the shower curtain when I'm centered on the toilet. And why would you put double sinks in the smallest bathroom leaving nowhere to put anything? Why, designer guy? Why? R gave me a blank look as I was 'noticing' versus 'complaining' about this. I wisely let it drop. For once.

I tried doing what worked in Germany - putting a cabinet or small bookcase in as additional storage. And while it fit, that means we can't use the towel rack (needed) and we have to be careful how we walk through or we'll smash our toe(s) into the corner of it or the doorway to our itty bitty toilet/shower room as I found out about an hour ago when I stumbled into the bathroom to use it. Gotta say it - I don't think I could have used our master bathroom at all before I started losing weight. And it worries me that the tub creaks badly whenever you move while you are showering. I figured it was a weight thing until it did the same thing with R and he's not overweight whatsoever.

Since I'm 'noticing' things, why would you put four huge windows in the living room beside a double door to the backyard? Where am I supposed to hang my amazing family picture that Annie took? Where am I supposed to hang any of my living room pictures? And all that glass is going to make it COLD downstairs in the winter and HOT in the summer. What this house needs is a basement. Harrumph.

Yep, poor me. How awful to be in this newly built house in a safe neighborhood with new appliances of a normal size (finally - THANK YOU), an ice maker, and a community center. How AWFUL. The abuse I put up with as a military wife. Horrid. Just incredibly terrible. I don't know how I make it through each day...

No comments: