Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter weather blues

Dear Mother Nature,

I have to say, you are impressive. Everywhere we've been since returning to North America has shown us it's version of a winter storm. North Carolina, Illinois, Oklahoma, and now Illinois again. I don't think I've seen this much snow since I was in high school. Kudos. Now, please stop it. Or at least turn up the thermostat enough so that the kids and I can go out and play in it.

The cold front that blew in last week (that is apparently digging in and putting down roots) is miserable. It's too cold to take the kids out to play and since we are having issues finding preschools, the kids are in dire need of some outside play time. But alas, taking them out in this weather would inevitably result in my having kid-cicles? munchkin pops? or at the very least a close brush with frostbite. I. am. going. crazy.

I know you've got your own problems what with the Al Gore pronounced global warming and all, but I think you need a nice vacation and possibly a massage. And while I realize I'm barely a blip on your radar, I hope my plea reaches your ears - the wind is sure gusting hard enough here to carry right on over to you. Just sayin'.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: