Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Workout Wednesday

Man. The things I'm willing to do to have something to blog about. Kidding, except, not really.

I didn't go to the Y yesterday morning. Now I'm kind of glad because after I dropped S off I went to get gas and an iced tea and by the time I picked S up a couple hours later? Gas had gone up 23 cents a gallon. Seriously...what IS that? But I made a deal with myself, skip the Y in the morning but go to Zumba last night. And Zumba I did.

It's been over a month since I've been in a Zumba class, and even though I've been doing cardio, there's really nothing like a Misti led Zumba class. Of course, I thought it was going to be Kim teaching, but hey - that's what I get for not making the last 20+ classes. Although, I'm amused at myself for being surprised that it was possible for things to change. What can I say? I can be obtuse. I'll add that to my growing list of things to work on.

And good heavens. That class kicked my butt. I made it through, but I have to cop to the fact that between songs I put my hands on my knees and leaned over to suck in as much oxygen as possible. Oh, and when I left? I was so sweaty that my hair was actually dripping sweat down my back. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

When I got in my car? I turned on the a/c and lifted up my arms to expose as much of my sweat drenched self as I could. All that accomplished was lowering my body temperature a couple degrees...but, wait...isn't that supposed to be a metabolism booster? Let's hope so.

I had to roll down the waistband of my sweatpants in class because I was tripping and sliding on the hems. When I got home? I could wring water out of the waistband. Folks, that is one excellent workout.

This morning it was back to the Y as usual. Motivated by the night before, I jumped on the arc trainer and did twice my normal distance in the same amount of time. Of course I lowered the level, but I still got an excellent cardio workout because I was moving so much faster. I topped that off by doing the weight routine twice afterwards. And then my worn out self limped home and tried really hard to convince S to take a nap. She was less than motivated for that. So we colored instead. Which was almost as nice.

No comments: