Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Workout Wednesday

My cardio fitness is slipping. Saturday, R and I went to the Y and I had a great workout between the arc trainer and the elliptical. Since Saturday? It's been a serious struggle to match that level. When I started thinking about it, I realized I had been doing a minimum of 1 1/2 hours of cardio per day. Now I'm doing about 30 minutes or so a day on average. So it's really no wonder why I'm struggling when I look at it that way.

But!

Good grief. It's just not feasible to workout 3 hours a day from now until the end of time. Well, maybe it's feasible, but I really just don't want to have to do that. Today I did the plyometrics portion of P90X. Well, we did one round of it at least. Lots of jumping. I hate jumping. Lots of hopping. I hate hopping. What I DID like? I could feel my body kicking it's own butt. So in six weeks, I fully plan to be able to get through this plyo workout doing with full reps and more oomph to my jumps. Don't worry, there will be no photographic evidence. Some things are better left unviewed. Especially on the world wide web. Especially involving flab and skimpy outfits and just...there will be no pictures, people.

A positive to my week, work out wise, is that when I did the arms and shoulders workout on Tuesday, I was able to do the push ups on my toes instead of my knees. I hadn't done that particular workout in at least a month. And, I did the cycle twice, which means I did over 100 push ups. And, I can move my arms without crying in pain. So, there's progress being made, but I'm just going to have to make sure to balance progress I've made until this point with future progress. How interesting that it's not enough just to workout....I didn't see that coming.

No comments: