Friday, September 3, 2010

Pigs are flying! Hell has frozen over!

There are some basic facts about me that have yet to waiver.

-I am so hot natured. You know that annoying person standing outside in 20 degree weather in a sweatshirt whose hands are still warm? Yep. That's me. And no, it's not from the layer of fat that surrounds what I'm sincerely hoping is a quite decent body by now.

- My head sweats so easily. I chalk this up in part to being so hot natured, and also my rapidly thinning hair since there's so much less of it to absorb the sweat. Have I mentioned how much I dislike sweating unless I'm trying to do so? Well, I do. A lot!

- It's never too cold for me to run the a/c. Whether in the car, in the house, or in a hotel room, I'm fine with the a/c being on almost year round. When I lived in NC? The air came on the day the temperature inside rose above 75, no matter what the outside temp was. When I was pregnant with T? Our a/c was set on the lowest setting (which I believe was sixty) until well in November. Seriously. In the middle of the summer? R was wearing sweatpants to bed with all of the covers piled on top, and I was wallowing around moaning about how I going to die of heat stroke.

- I'm not so fond of being outside unless it's 60 or below. Ever. For any reason. Many reasons behind this, the top one being that I involuntarily spent 95% of my childhood outside. Fresh air! It's good for you! Harrumph.

- I've been to Las Vegas twice. Once in July of 1999 and once in the summer of 2004. You know how you hear that since Vegas is in the desert and so it's a dry heat? Bull malarkey. It's plenty humid in Vegas. You are just too busy melting to notice.

So with those things in mind, I present to my faithful readers serious progress:

I was walking to the car from the commissary chatting with my bagger and we were raving about how beautiful the weather was that day. I got home and found out that it was 93 that day. 93! And I thought it was beautiful outside! What. Is. Happening?!?

S and I had lunch at a friend's house last week. She had the a/c off and the windows open. It was in the 90's that day, but I was totally fine.

A cold front moved in today which dropped the temperature here into the high 70's, low 80's. We tried to get the kids to go outside (neither of them was interested) and......
wait for it....
wait for it.....
turned off the a/c and opened the windows. AND....no one has been yelled at or killed. That I know of anyway.

What this means to me? Is that all these things I thought were not changeable about myself? May indeed be changeable. That, or hell is freezing over and pigs are flying. Either way.

No comments: