Thursday, September 30, 2010

Workout Wednesday, the Thursday edition

Yeah, sorry about the messed up posting this week. I still haven't finished my post from Tuesday because I keep falling asleep whenever I sit down at night and now I can't remember what my train of thought was originally. I'm so tired all the time. No idea why. I need to go and have blood work done to figure out what's going on with me. I really think it's hormonal but I'll never know if I don't go to the lab and have the blood work drawn, right? Right!

Note to self: GO GET THE LABWORK DONE. NOW!

Since I was sick last week, my workouts were more phoned in than kick ass. I mean, I showed up and did the best I could, but that best was way different from what my best is this week. But I figure this happens to everyone, and I was actually sick, so I'm not going to beat myself up about taking it easy in the gym.

Workout wise: I've been back on the arc trainer. I love this machine when the incline is set high. It's a great workout and I feel like it helps my loosen my leg and hip muscles. And it makes my butt muscles burn. Anything that makes your butt muscles burn has got to be a good thing.

This week I learned that I'm doing well strength wise. I can hold a really straight plank position (up on my toes, thankyouverymuch) for a good amount of time (over 30 seconds) with no strain. I can even do side planks now without having one knee bent. I even hung from the pull up bar for a good 5-8 seconds without any help from anything supporting my body weight but me. And while being able to hang is nowhere near being able to do a pull up, it's still progress and I'll take it.

So for next week, especially now that I'm feeling better, my goal is to push hard for improvement in my cardio fitness. And with Halloween coming up which means candy everywhere and the start of the holiday season, it's a great idea to bump my cardio back up so that I can afford to eat the occasional piece of candy.

I've got belly dancing and ballroom dancing coming up tonight, so I'm psyched (does anyone even say that anymore?).

No comments: