Monday, September 27, 2010

What do I wish I'd known at 13?

Over the weekend, I read a blog post on Managing Mommyhood (http://www.managingmommyhood.com ) about Dove's new campaign to increase self esteem.
The campaign details can be found here: http://www.dovemovement.com/en-us/events/toolkit

Continuing with the question posed on Managing Mommyhood's post, I've been thinking about what I wish I had known at 13.

So, here goes:

* There are a billion levels of 'fine', some better than others, but all of them are acceptable as long as you are, in fact, fine.

* Having a sense of humor? Invaluable!

* If he's really interested in you? He'll make the effort.

* Being truly, genuinely nice will get you so much farther in life than being popular.

* You need the bad days to appreciate the good ones

* No one is perfect. So stop trying to be.

* Don't eat your emotions - feel them.


What do you wish you'd known at 13?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I wish I had realized that there's a whole big world out there, and that one day, I just wouldn't care about such silly stuff.

Also, I wish I had not permed my hair.

Brooke said...

So true, Heather!

Ugh - I still have nightmares about some of the perms I inflicted on myself.