Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh what a day!

Today was interesting. S woke up super, super early and was tired by 8 am...right at the time that I need to take her to preschool. She was pale and stuffy, but I thought it was just allergies since T's are going crazy right now.

On the way to take S to school, I think I was on the same route as every pissed off, running late driver in the metro area. And by the way, guy in the big black truck? Racing your engine behind me when we are IN THE SLOW LANE isn't going to make me do something stupid...a la pass on the shoulder. Advice that you should pay attention to. And you should probably leave a little earlier lest you kill yourself or someone else.

I drop S off with a heads up to her teacher that I think her allergies are acting up, but if it starts to look any differently to call me. By 10 am, I get the call that they think she has pink eye. Luckily, I was just down the street, so I got there quickly. Poor little thing, she had goopy eye in a big way.

This means a doctor's visit. S fell asleep on the couch soon after coming home, and I had to wake her up to make the appointment on time. She cried all the way to the pediatrician's office. As it turns out, she has pink eye. But by tomorrow evening, she'll be okay to be in public without my hauling out hand sanitizer and lysol wipes and sanitizing everything she touches or looks at. We have eye drops to put in her eye 3 times a day.

Bwahahahahahahaaaaa. Doc? Have you MET my resident diva?

When R got home, he and I held her down for round one. Nobody won. But we are pretty sure we accomplished our objective since her eyes looked better within an hour. By tonight, when we wrestled her to the floor for round two, there was noticeable improvement. Thank goodness, but I have no idea how I'm going to get these drops in her eyes tomorrow by myself. Bribes maybe? Lots of begging? Who knows...

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Aww, poor Sarah. Brooke, Jackie fights us, too, with her eye drops. The doctor suggested putting them in in the morning while Jackie is still drowsy, before she wakes up completely. But we're supposed to do just once per day, not 3x. I hope the pink eye clears up quickly.