Thursday, August 19, 2010

Possibilites

I'm thinking about changing my blog from blogger to word press. Some of the blogs I follow from Top Mommy Blogs use word press and it seems pretty impressive. If I'm going to be taking this whole blogging thing seriously, and it seems like that might just be the case since I've posted pretty regularly since the beginning of this year, I am going to need to learn more about blogging and web pages and code and stuff. It won't kill me, right? It never hurts to learn something new.

Speaking of learning...I bought S a preschool workbook about a month ago thinking that she and I could having some bonding time while being educational. When I pulled it out, she was all excited until she realized that I meant to actually look at and touch this book too. Oh, the horror. So, while she is absolutely all into her 'homework', if I go near it, she freaks. Sigh. For anyone that has, does, or plans to home school? My hat is off to you! Just thinking about trying to harness T's energy or deal with S's tantrums? I want to crawl under the house and cower there until the kids are in college or on their own.

Today, after the gym, S and I went to the BX to get a couple things we needed. On the way in, she wanted me to buy her a drink from a vending machine. Wise to how this goes, I tell her that we'll get a drink on the way out. That way I don't end up on my hands and knees with handfuls of paper towels mopping up any accidentally on purpose spills. S is eerily accurate at 'accidentally' spilling on things she would like to have. Clever girl, but I'm on to you. muahhahaa. As we walk into the building, I notice that the nail place isn't busy. I've been promising S that we could have her nails painted professionally. It's become our Mom/Daughter thing, and it's so worth it to pay three to five dollars to have her nails painted, because they usually do a little flower or something on at least one finger per hand. This means she doesn't pick at the polish as much. She also holds still way better for them than for me.

Fifteen minutes later, we left with S's nails freshly painted and both of us cautioned by the nail technician for S not to touch anything. I think I may be onto something. Because S didn't want to mess up her polish, she touched nothing. It was blissful. Well, it was until she started shouting, "Look Mommy! Look at this!"

Apparently, I under-appreciated her ability to bring things to show me versus an outright holler to come and see it where she stands. After taking 20 minutes to get to the section of the BX that I needed to visit, I had to explain to her that while this stuff was neat, we came to get X and Y and that once we did that? It was time to go. So I would appreciate it if she would please lower her voice and stop bellowing at me to look at every. single. item.

Her response? "OKAY MOMMY. I NOT BLOW YOU ANYMORE."

Sigh.

I came home to clean up the house in case child services shows up for a visit.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh my! That was hilarious, "I won't blow you". Did CPS show up yet? Hehehe. I swear you have 2 of the most hilarious kids.