Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Diary. I am boring today. Goodnight.

Arrrggh. Blank page syndrome.


I should have a lot to write about. We had a busy but amazing weekend. Iron Man himself on Saturday followed by a family nap (that has only ever happened when we are moving across six time zones or more) and then dinner with the Smiths.


Today we got up around 7. We have been talking about cleaning the living room carpet for about a month now. So we decided that today was the day and R went to rent the carpet cleaner. We moved all of the furniture out of the living room. R and I? We picked up the couches and carried them into the kitchen. No big deal. Let me pause for a second on that one. Two years ago? There is no way that I could have done that. I'm so grateful that I'm healthier and stronger. And I'm more determined than ever to complete this journey.

It also made cracking my pinky toe into the piano as we were moving it (without picking it up because we're strong, not foolish) a little easier to take. Sort of. Once the throbbing subsided.And I could walk on it again. And really! How do I manage to do that? I crack my pinky toe on grocery carts when I'm in NC all the time. To the point that my pinky toenail? Is too damaged to even describe and I fear permanently bruised. How it's still attached to my toe is a total mystery to me. How my toe is still in a normal position and not pointing due west from all the trauma is also a mystery. A mystery, but I'm grateful. It's hard enough to buy huge shoes for a box shaped foot without having to cut a little hole on the side so my wonky pinky toe can ride in style.

The carpet cleaned up wonderfully and dried quickly. We rearranged the furniture since we had all the furniture out of the room anyway, and after the kids went to bed, I finally got the downstairs completely done. You can see my counter tops. It's been a while. It's a great feeling. And! I accomplished this without shoving anything in a closet, drawer, or bag. The inside is so neat, I may even pull weeds tomorrow. Yeah, right.

No comments: