Sunday, August 1, 2010

Needs

Greetings from the great blue sea. And surprisingly, the sea away from the Eastern coast is...gasp...actually blue. This has been a series of pleasant surprises so far. The cabin was bigger than we thought it was going to be, I managed to pack all the stuff I needed two suitcases to bring to Charleston into the (wait for it) smaller of the suitcases for the cruise and put what wouldn't fit into the empty bag I brought as my carry on, and everyone seems to be having a really great, really relaxing time. I have enjoyed more than I can ever possibly say being with a group of women this week where there has been no drama, no snarkiness (other than the snarkiness we have bestowed through conversation with the likes of Lindsay Lohan and Justin Bieber which is totally deserved), no dissension or any other negative feelings or emotions. That? Is exactly what I've been needing.



We've done a lot of things the ship has to offer, yet not had to spend too much money. We are docked today outside of the Bahamas and all of us voted to stay on the ship and just.....relax. And that is exactly what we've done. It is also exactly what I needed. Apparently, I have many needs. Many needs that I have been fairly unaware of. Ah well. Needy me is very un-needy and very happy right now.



And since internet usage is chokingly expensive, that's it for now. Plus? Now that we've woken up from our naps it's time to eat again.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Can I say... I am totally JEALOUS! But, I'm so happy to hear that you are having a great time. I need to get away so I can experience my own neediness, or un-neediness. Or even to get away from all the neediness around here.
Keep enjoying the fun! Because like they say "all good things must come to an end" Just had to add that.
Talk to you soon.