Saturday, August 28, 2010

Iron Man!

Waiting for Iron Man, with no front teeth.


I have to admit, I was never really into comic books or Superheroes, other than Wonder Woman (love me some Lynda Carter, man!) and the League of Justice cartoon that used to show on Saturday mornings....way back when there were actually cartoons on TV on Saturday morning instead of all day long, every day. Which, actually, cartoons on demand have saved my happy self more than once, so I'd better be careful what I complain about, right? Right!
But, we took the kids to see Iron Man, and T loved it. S pretty much just thought it was too loud. They both had a point.

So awesome!


Well, woohoo! Iron Man himself was coming to base today. We missed Spiderman because we were in NC, so I wanted T to be able to see Iron Man if he wanted. After some debate on the topic, he decided that he did want to go, so off we went, over an hour early. Which was a great thing, because the line started forming not long after we got there and was absolutely huge by the time we left.

Too bad you can't hear the theme music that was playing...AC/DC rocks!

And, man! When Iron Man walked in and the music started? I have to admit, I was really impressed. We weren't too far back in the line and the line moved pretty quickly. And Iron Man was excellent with the kids, posing and goofing around...the music was just a time warp for me and I was really into the whole thing. What an awesome day! And a huge shout out to the AAFES employees that made this about as seamless as it could be with all those kids and waiting.

No comments: