Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Neighbor Diaries, Chapter 3

Ahhhhh...you thought this subject was closed since there had been nothing said in so long, right?

Well. I am happy to report that we have turned over a new leaf...or maybe we are all just delirious from the heat and humidity.

Either way...

When we were leaving for our second trip to NC in June, we had neglected to consider how to deal with the trash/newspaper situation. Meaning, I didn't even think about calling to have the papers held until the morning we were leaving. And also? We didn't think about what to do about the trash. As in --we had a trash can full of...well...trash and didn't want to not put it out, but this area can be a bit windy and we've already had to ask for a new trash can since we moved in since someone stole ours (and more power to 'em cause it was stinky!). So we felt that leaving it out to blow down the street would be foolish and irresponsible. As we are discussing this very thing, our Mr. McNeighbor walks by and he says he'll roll up our trash can for us. Niiiiiice.

When we got back, not only had he done that, but he also walked our paper up to our front door and stacked them neatly so it wasn't so obvious that we weren't home. Double niiiiice.

So tonight, it's around 10 pm and I'm trying to figure out what to blog about. I have several things rolling around in my head - T starting Kindergarten, Angela and Madison visiting, my embarrassing cruise story - and the doorbell rings. Who could that be after 10 pm?

Why, it's Ms. McNeighbor.

Oh no.

I open the door and she tells me that we've left our garage door open and wanted us to know in case we hadn't meant to.

1...

2...

3...

Awwwwwww! That was really, really sweet of her.

I'm feeling all sentimental now and also like I should bake her some cookies.

But really? I think it's karma/the universe/a higher power showing me by example that when I stop being so self involved and stressy and negative and uptight? Wonderful things can happen.

Come here and give us a hug {{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That is awesome. I was bracing myself for another not-so-nice McNeighbor. Wow, that really was sweet of her to let you know about your garage.