Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yuck!

This morning, I put on my big girl panties and decided to deal with it.

What is it?

It is calling to turn down the job, which I realize is the right thing for me to do at this moment, but stinks because I know that our friend is in a huge bind trying to fill this spot and I want to help her. Some days it might be worth it to not be a grown up.

It is also the downstairs bathroom. I was just walking by last night on my way to the laundry room and BAM! I just happened to look at the right place at the right time and that's one bathroom in desperate need of some cleaning. I'll spare everyone my speech on how I don't understand why or how a boy whose privates aren't that much higher than the toilet (compared to say - his dad - who manages to get 99% IN the right spot) seems to not be able to hit the potty - in just one bathroom. It's not a different height, it doesn't have a spinning target, it's not like one of those carnival games where the area he is aiming for is teeeeeeny. I just don't understand. And also? EWWWWWWWWWW.

It is also this stupid detox plan. Stupid, stupid detox. I'm grouchy and I don't feel not one bit thinner. Harrumph. I find myself looking in the freezer so that I can imagine what the food would taste like if I could eat it. And I'm finding out that there only so many options for broccoli that don't include cheese. On the plus side, I do feel better already. More energy, way less cravings for sugar or junk, so that's good. But I find myself thinking about food I haven't even spared a thought for in ages - like roast beef. And english muffins. And fried chicken. Hot wings....yummmmmmm.

But I digress. Time to go and figure out what spectacular meal I can make for myself involving brown rice and veggies that I haven't already had at least once this week.

No comments: