Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wearing out the kids wears me out

Yesterday, in addition to it being St. Patrick's Day, Mom flew in for a visit. S and I picked up T from school around 11 and we all headed to the airport. Even with parking and walking to the terminal, we were still half an hour early for the flight. Imagine our surprise when Mom's plane was already there. We only had to wait a few minutes before she appeared at baggage claim. Niiiiiice!

Once we got home, we were in the backyard letting the kids play when the doorbell rang. It was the UPS man delivering the trampoline we ordered this weekend. (BTW - Sports Authority has better deals online than in the store here. I find that interesting.) The UPS guy was not thrilled about the trampoline the way the kids were, but if I had to cart those things around they probably wouldn't thrill me either. For real!

Mom and I, over optimistic and with the sincere and wholehearted support of the resident munchkins, decided we'd put the trampoline together ourselves. R was home, but was sleeping off the last of the stomach flu. Has anyone ever tried to put together a trampoline? Egads! It isn't for the easily discouraged, that's for sure. But with some divine intervention in the form of R, we got it put together before dark. Good thing the time changed last weekend.

This morning, we hit the ground running: dropped of T at school, worked out at the Y, went to Walmart, came home, had lunch, jumped on the trampoline, let the kids ride their bikes, went to the park about 15 minutes from here, came home, made dinner, more playing, Mom and I snuck out to a wine tasting, and somehow it's 10 pm. The kids collapsed before 8 pm and were too tired to give R a hard time while Mom and I were out, and I'm too tired to go into any more detail about our day. So you KNOW I'm tired! It was a great day. Hope tomorrow is more of the same.

No comments: