Sunday, March 7, 2010

Summer camp!

The Y we joined has been advertising summer camp sign up for about a month. If you signed up Saturday, the $25 registration fee per child would be waived. I'm all about the waived fees. I picked up the booklet and almost fell out of the chair in sticker shock. Summer camp is expensive! But - I think it's worth tightening up our financial belts to give the kids this opportunity. While I try to find interesting, stimulating, and educational things to do with them, day camp will provide all that plus some socialization that I can not. (The free time for me is a total bonus!)

We got the kids ready and off to the Y we went. Hi ho, hi ho, off to summer camp they will go.....
I filled out what felt like a tremendous amount of paperwork and went to the register to pay. They ended up with three weeks of half day camp and one week of full day camp each, and a week of gym and swim camp for T. All for the bargain price of $515. I figure the tax credit we get for having kids can offset that cost. So, we're all set and paid in full. Now all I have to do is potty train S. We start Monday. Surely I can potty train this child in three months. Surely!

No comments: