Monday, March 15, 2010

Sick, sick, sick

Last week S had some kind of stomach bug and when a couple days went by without the rest of us getting sick, I congratulated myself on my comprehensive Clorox wipe disinfecting habits and we went on our merry ways.

Saturday we were out and about and stopped for lunch at Taco Bell. T said that his stomach hurt while we were sitting there eating, but he still ate his chips and part of his taco. As we pull into our development, he says, "I need to throw up", and he puffs out his cheeks. I'm not quite sure whether he's kidding or not, but I figure why take the chance and ask R to pull over which he does as soon as he can. We no sooner get T out of the car and over to the sidewalk, then up comes lunch. Guess he wasn't kidding. We get home and he chills out on the couch, saying that he feels better, but he goes back and forth between feeling well and not so well. We get him to bed without him being sick again and hope that he'll sleep it off.

When I wake up Sunday morning, I know I'm in trouble. I spend the entire day Sunday either in the bathroom or the bed. It wasn't like I ate much on Saturday, so I have no idea where all that came from, but it really threw me for a loop. Even after I slept all day, I was still exhausted. My entire body ached - literally from my head to my toenails. I have no idea what's going on and I feel a bit better today, but I still feel like I could lie down and sleep for a week. BLAH.

Thank goodness S and R escaped it so far. I hope their luck holds.

No comments: