Saturday, March 20, 2010

What to do, what to do?

The unofficial plan today was to take the kids to a kids museum in the city. We needed to go to the grocery store, I had some things to return to the library, I had to get gas...yada yada yada plus it was pretty chilly outside so we ended up taking them to the community pool (it's hard to top close and free). T was a bit under the weather today - not really himself, but not really sick either. R still feels bad, thank goodness (I think) it's more of a cold/sinus/allergy thing than it is a stomach/intestinal thing. I think this house has seen enough of that for a while.

By the time we got to the pool it was around 1 pm and we stayed for well over two hours. I'm honestly not sure who was more tired - Mom and I or the kids. We came home and T and S devoured a snack and kept asking for more food, so I went ahead and fixed dinner. R was upstairs taking a nap, which is a new record for him of two naps in one week. He rarely, ever, ever sleeps during the day. So I have no doubt he's feeling pretty miserable. Now, maybe I'm just high off our great date from last night, but I love that my husband does not mope around and whine when he's sick. He certainly lets it be known that he feels badly, but at least he doesn't lie on the couch and demand to be waited on every time he develops a sniffle. That could be (but I'm sure it's not) because he fears I'd dump any food or beverage on his head that he demanded. I would never do that - because I'd have to clean it up, and oh how I hate to clean carpet. Absolutely loathe it.

Moving right along, on a whim after dinner, I looked to see what movies were available at Redbox. I was looking for New Moon and the Princess and the Frog. I need the kids movie because I feel it would be inappropriate for the kids to see Mommy drooling over Jacob Black and really, New Moon is not a movie for toddlers whatsoever. And if I'm being honest, I feel like a dirty old woman watching those young whippersnappers (how old am I that I even know and use that word) and thinking naughty thoughts. Shoot - I don't even think they are legal yet, are they? But they are so, so, so, so pretty. Sigh..... The nearest Redbox that listed an available copy of New Moon? Over 20 miles away. Whoa! Normally a list of 20 or more Redbox locations will pop up when we are looking for a movie, but for New Moon? There were 3. THREE! That's insane! The Princess and the Frog movie wasn't much better, so I bet I'm not the only mom inappropriately interested in seeing this film and wanting a distraction for the ankle biters so I don't have to be interrupted all. the. way. through.

It's no problem - I can pick it up at Walmart tomorrow. heh!

No comments: