Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yawn.

I am tired today. Really, really tired. Like, wanting to crawl into the bed and sleep until tomorrow tired. I kind of miss the days when I could do that. I'm totally looking forward to being old enough to just doze off whenever and no one finds it odd, rude, or concerning. As long as I wake up again, naturally. I'm a huge fan of naps. I was a fan before having kids. The kids, however, are not fans of naps. Isn't that just the luck?

In other news: my toe is doing much better today and I made it through a decent workout this morning without much discomfort. Also? It's hot today. S and I were outside drawing on the driveway waiting for T to come home from preK and gosh, I thought I might actually melt. I didn't of course. I keep hoping that sitting in the sun will help to liquefy some of the fat on by body, but I'm sure if that actually happened that it would have at least been on TMZ or Dr. 90210 by now and that the rich and famous would hog all of the sun's rays and we peons? We'd have to sit forever shaded and pale. Since I haven't had a tan since 2000, I'm not sure that would be too much of a burden on me.

I took the kids swimming today and despite S's penchant for throwing dive sticks at my head and finding it hi-lar-ious and T's obsession with trying to either drag me under water or pull off my bathing suit, we had a great time. And it cooled us off and made them tired. Double yay.

Now the kids are asleep, R's working on school work, and I think I'm heading off to dreamland at a decent hour, for a change. Life is good today, indeed.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

Ha! I'm glad your toe is doing better. I think it's a metal conspiracy against you. Perhaps there's a prophecy that you will one day take down all metal poles? They are just trying to stop it!