Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Tooth Fairy cometh, and is apparently made of money

Last night R and I snuck upstairs last night to make sure the Tooth Fairy didn't forget to visit T. $5 a for a tooth these days. Sheesh.

Anyway, he woke up this morning and spent exactly 32 seconds upset because his tooth was gone. He wanted to take it to school and show his friends.

"Show 'em where the tooth used to be. That's way more exciting" I tell him.

T sighs. "But everybody sees where the tooth used to be like Cameron (school mate who just lost a tooth too). What they need to see is my tooth. My tooth is cool."

"Uh huh. But it would be hard to keep track of your tooth all day, sweetie" I offer "and the Tooth Fairy took it for her collection."

"Why did she take it? It was my tooth."

"Because it was such a cool tooth. Very impressive. And probably because you were so brave. Plus, you got $5!!! That's a LOT of money. That's enough to buy a Happy Meal and a cone of ice cream."

"It is?"

"It is."

T hands me the money. "Mom I want you to have this."

"Why? It's your money, T."

"I want you to give it to the man."

I snort with laughter. "The man?"

"Yeah"

"What man is that?"

"The man that we give the money to for the Happy Meal and the ice cream."

ahhhhh....it all makes perfect sense now.

No comments: