Thursday, April 29, 2010

Odds and ends

It's Thursday. Um...hurray?

Tonight I went to Zumba. Gosh, I love the Thursday instructor. Ever since I've started going to her classes, I feel like my flexibility has greatly improved and so has my overall conditioning. And, the classes are a lot of fun, even though my lungs and legs are screaming for mercy. Even tonight when Gigantor was on the front row right behind the instructor hogging the light, most of the air, and a good portion of any air conditioning that was functioning. And also? No one in about a 10 foot radius could see the instructor. Bummer. Although - I have to give Gigantor props. It can't be easy to be a man in such tight shiny shorts in the front row of a zumba class. Especially with all the shimmying and thrusting we do on Thursday nights. I have no idea why I giggle like a moron when I see a guy doing a shimmy, but I do. Shame on me. Did I mention his shorts were really shiny and really tight? It's distracting, especially when his butt is only about six inches lower than my face, and I'm not short. This guy is just really tall and broad. Tonight I accused him mostly silently of blocking out the sun. He knows the routines - why does he need to stand right behind the instructor anyway....oh....never mind. She's blond, tiny, and has like .0002% body fat. Duh.

There were a lot of teen aged girls in Zumba tonight. I still have PTSD from high school and it reactivates when there's a lot of high school girl giggling from behind me -especially when I'm really hoping with all the shimmying we are doing tonight that my stomach doesn't reach around and slap me in the butt. Note to self, no matter how hot, wear the workout leggings. You need the support, girlfriend.

Other than that, the only other thing that I felt like I should mention are the gates to our development. The gates in are apparently permanently open and the gates out have been closed the last couple nights. Anyone else seeing the poor logic in that? What is this, the Hotel California? Harrumph.

No comments: