Monday, April 12, 2010

T lost a tooth today...the world did not end


After all the worry and stress about losing his first tooth, the big event happened today. I'm happy to report that he handled it like a brave little trooper. He pushed it with his tongue and it leaned waaaaay forward, so he said it was hurting and asked me to look at it for him. There was a little bit of blood and a whole lotta leaning tooth, so I took him into the bathroom for him to see it. Once he saw how much it moved without it hurting, he was okay with the whole losing a tooth thing and wanted me to pull it the rest of the way out.

This is just the sort of thing I was hoping to avoid. I really, really do not want to pull teeth out of my kids' mouths. But against my better judgement I agreed, so he put his head in my lap and I silently repeated "I can do this" about 1,000 times in my head. But T's teeth are crowded and I just couldn't get a good grip on the little sucker. I asked him to push it again with his tongue and when he did, it just fell out, so I plucked it out of his mouth and showed him.

He was so excited. The little bit of bleeding that occurred didn't even phase him. He just rinsed out his mouth and asked who he could call and tell and if he could show all his friends at school tomorrow. Fine by me! I'm just so relieved that he scary part is over for him. S, once she caught on to what happened, followed T around wanting to take his temperature and saying, "Oh my gosh, T. Oh my gosh." This was followed by lots of hugs and general celebration and a call to Papa to tell him the big news.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

The mental picture of S following T around with the thermometer gave me a good chuckle. Priceless!