Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fool's Day

No worries about pulling any April 1st tomfoolery here. =)

The weather was incredible today! Warm and breezy, but not too hot...just about perfect. T didn't have school today because they are out for Spring Break, so I got to sleep in until almost 8 am. Bliss (and thanks, Mom)! We are heading to Six Flags tomorrow for a long but fun filled day, so we took it pretty easy today. Plus, I had to go to Finance with R today to try and make sense of the disaster area that's been made out of our military pay (insert dramatic sigh here).


We got to the Y later than we had hoped, and as we were getting ready to sign the kids out of the childcare room, we happened to see the TRX demo going on in the gym. The instructor saw us watching and invited us in, so I dashed in for about 5 to 10 minutes. TRX is a workout based on using your own body weight as a form of resistance by using straps that are threaded through an anchor of some sort. The anchors at the Y were bolted into the wall. We did side lunges, squats, front lunges, rows, and a very difficult type of pushup that I can't even begin to describe. I LOVED it. I am pretty sure you have to pay for this class, but I'm at least going to ask and see how much, because I feel pretty certain that it would be worth the money. I haven't felt a workout like that since I was in one of Kiera's classes in Germany. I miss that feeling, and I miss working out with Romi.


Tonight R and I went to a Neighborhood Watch meeting. The community property managers are trying to get a Neighborhood Watch formed, and it was interesting to hear how much stuff was going on here that we didn't know about. We really have to make a better effort to get to know our neighbors...well, all but Crazy Eyes McNeighbor next door anyway. Now that the weather is warmer, I'm hoping we'll all be out of our houses more so we at least have a chance to meet some of the folks that live on our street - hopefully with kids near T and S's ages. Everyone at the meeting seemed really friendly, so I'm taking that as a positive sign.

Long day tomorrow and I still have to pull financial records to try and prove that the military owes us money, so I'm signing off for tonight. I hope you all had a wonderful first day of April!

No comments: