Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The way to make friends and influence people

I had a great day overall today, so on the way to Zumba, I decided to listen to a cd versus hearing Lady Gaga's Bad Romance or Kei$ha's Tik Toc for the millionth time since that's all the radio seems to play anymore. Here were my cd choices in the van: Kidz Bop something or other, Raffi, or the Dixie Chicks. I think we all remember what happened the last time I put the Dixie Chicks cd in, so clearly I went with Kidz Bop since that's how we happening parental types in mini vans tend to roll. I'm so kewl! *snort*

Tonight at Zumba, we did a new routine. There were a bunch of new people there too, so it was extra crowded. Somehow I ended up as my own row in between the first and second rows. I'm still not sure how that happened. The instructor, who is infamous in my head for never, ever demonstrating the steps to new routines, actually demonstrated the steps to the new routines. Well, smack my a** and call me cutie! I stand corrected. She CAN teach versus just assuming the rest of us will eventually catch on (or stomp out, apparently).

After Zumba, I needed to return some movies to Blockbuster. When I take this particular route home, I'm usually turning left at the stoplight. Tonight I needed to turn right, and I noticed that there was a bike lane in between the straight lane and the right turn lane. O-kay. Seems a little risky, but whatever. And I added a mental note not to ride a bike up that road. I had the windows down since the weather was really nice and I was singing along to some little whippersnapper's cover of "You Belong to Me" when I noticed a man dash across the very, very busy intersection. Dude. It's almost 9 pm, you aren't wearing reflective gear, and you have the strangest run I've seen since that guy I passed in Germany running in what honestly looked like clown shoes (true story). High from my Zumba released endorphins, I shout "Run, Forest, RUN!" thinking there was no way he was going to hear me between the distance from me to him, the traffic noise, and the iPod he was listening to. But he did, and as he passed my passenger side window he shot me a double bird without missing a step. Guess I kinda deserved that one, huh?

No comments: