Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No pain, no gain.

After last night and the spectacular meltdown duet, I was almost afraid to see what today would bring kid wise.


To my very pleasant surprise, the kids woke up in really good moods. A good night's sleep at a comfortable temperature will do that for you (at least that's my guess). We also forced them to take a bath last night despite T's loud and repetitive protests that swimming was just as good as a bath. They might believe it, but I'm not one bit sold.


Something else I noticed first thing this morning? I was in pain. The good kind of pain. Muscle soreness. Monday's workout didn't seem intense enough at the time to warrant the muscle agony I experienced today, but then again, what the heck do I know? No pain no gain? Pain is weakness (or fear) leaving the body? Sure, I'll buy it. I'm sure as heck living it.


When I came back home, I started to sweep and mop the floors. Ooowwwwww. Putting the dishes up? Oooowwwww. Reloading the dishwasher? Ooowwww. Laundry? Owwwwww. Washing windows/mirrors? OW! Basically anything that required moving my arms or shoulders? Ooowwww. Or as S would say, ouchie!

So, fine. If moving was going to hurt anyway, maybe moving a lot would help. Kind of like the theory that drinking a beer will help with a really bad hangover, I decided to work the soreness out by doing some more push ups. Aahhhaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa! I think I did three before I decided to come up with a new idea. I liked my new idea. It involved NOT trying to work out the soreness. Instead, I drank a lot of water and sat outside enjoying the very beautiful day while admiring my very clean windows.

When I picked the kids up, we went to Blockbuster to rent a video game and switch out our movies. S decided that she didn't want to go out the exit door, she wanted to go out the entrance door. So the folks at Blockbuster got quite a show. T thought he'd help. And by help, I mean yell at S to "move your stubborn butt out the door". Shockingly, S wasn't the least bit motivated to do so. The guy who was behind us in line? Is probably never, ever going to have kids now. Sorry dude.

Dinner went by with no demands for specific foods. Macaroni and cheese was not mentioned once (thank you, thank you, thank you). The kids actually ate what I cooked with no complaints AND said thank you. And took their dishes to the sink after they were done. SO much better than last night. Of course, it wasn't difficult to be better than last night, but I'm grateful all the same.

At 7, I left for Zumba (great workout, but again with the ooowwwwwwww) and when I got home the clean and sparkly seemingly ant free house was cool and quiet. And after enjoying that for about an hour, I'm heading to bed.

No comments: