Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ahhh...freak out!

Yesterday we changed hotels. The hotel where we were didn't have non-smoking rooms available for last night. When we finally got to the new place (yesterday was a bit....busy) R and I looked around and said....W.O.W! This hotel was a little more expensive, doesn't have a pool, and the beds are doubles rather than queens. BUT! This hotel? Is really, really, really nice. And while the last hotel really was just fine, I also didn't feel the need to look in the corners or under the beds or in the drawers here before putting our stuff down. I know, I know, I've got issues. Tell me about it.


This morning, I woke up around 4 am. T had decided to sleep on the floor in between the beds and S was alternating trying to sleep with her body sprawled across my face or my feet. I have no idea what that's about. Maybe we used to put too much stuff in her crib? Dunno. It just wasn't exactly comfortable. But then it hit me. I was not freaking out that T was sleeping on the floor. I wasn't worried about bugs or germs or dirt or allergies or who might have done what with whom right there in that very spot. I. Was. Not. Worried. Am I slipping? Or is this progress?

I mean, it's not like I am fanatic with hand sanitizer or lysol wipes or chronically over-use bleach. In fact, I really could stand to clean my house a bit more than I do. But certain things really freak me out. Drains are one of those things. Ever since I read "It" by Stephen King, I always always give drains the ol' evil eye. You just never know, and I don't want to take the chance. And since I've had kids and said kids delight in the freaking me out by wanting to stick their fingers in the drains? My drain issues have not improved.

What also freaks me out? The kids wanting to stick their fingers in my eyes, mouth, food, or beverage. Because I? I know where my kids like to stick their fingers. In drains, in mud, in anything I generally consider gross or yucky. And then? They want to come share the love with me. And then they laugh and laugh.

So not going to happen.

No comments: