Monday, October 31, 2011

Motivation Monday

No movement on the scale this week. I'm okay with that. Tomorrow I go back to putting great effort into better eating a la portion control and non processed foods. Mostly portion control, since portion control and frequent exercise seem to be the keys for weight loss for me. My goal is to lose at least 20 pounds by the end of the year. I have felt so much better lately that I can't wait to see what hopping back on the smarter eating habits bandwagon will do. 

This afternoon I headed to Zumba for the second Monday in a row. Last week I pushed myself pretty hard on the cardio machines and today in Zumba I could tell a difference just from last week. I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am about that. I got some excellent weight training sessions in as well, and I had the sore muscles to prove it. It felt awesome, as odd as that sounds. 

I took the kids trick or treating tonight on base. Robert stayed home to hand out candy. It was a great night for trick or treating, not too cold or windy. We didn't walk terribly far, the kids were happy with making one big loop around our friends' neighborhood on base. The kids aren't that crazy about candy anyway, so they are in it more for the experience and hanging out with their friends than anything else. But any movement is good movement, especially with the smell of Kit Kats in the air. 


No comments: