Saturday, October 15, 2011

A history of curls

Sara, like many girls with stick straight hair, is in love with the idea of curly hair.

When school started this year, we bought some foam curlers. Sara's hair is curl resistant, so if we want the curls to stay in more than a couple of hours, her hair needs to be pretty damp when it's curled and it ideally needs to stay curled up overnight.

After doing this pretty regularly over the last two months, I'm finally getting the hang of it.

The kids had a birthday party today, so Sara wanted me to curl her hair last night. Here's what it looked like when I first took it down


Definitely curly!

Here's what it looked like when we first fluffed it out.

Usually it relaxes quite a bit after a couple of hours, but here's what it looked like after the birthday party, about seven hours after we took it down.

I think I may have finally figured it out. Tucker suggested today that we nickname her 'Curly'.

No comments: