Monday, October 17, 2011

Motivation Monday

Yeah, well.....

Today's post should be titled non motivated Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday....

You get the idea, right?

I volunteered at the Y all last week, but I didn't do nearly as well with workouts. We had something going on every night last week, so I didn't work out then either.

Seriously - all this free time I'm supposed to be having certainly has made me busy.

And as a result, I'm up another pound.

Crap.

So this week, I am going to concentrate on balance. Balance as in finding a way to work exercise into my schedule at least five times a week.

Even as I say that, I'm not sure how that will work this week...I'm working two nights this week at the Y, volunteering on Friday at Sara's school, MOPS on Wednesday, Tucker's birthday party on Saturday, and Mom and her husband are coming to visit this week.

The kids are so tired from last week and weekend that they voluntarily went to bed early tonight. They were dissolving into tears over every little thing after school today, so I didn't feel up for the fight to get them the gym so I could go to Zumba today.

But a friend of mine told me about a Zumba certification class in early December, so now I have a goal to work towards.

Maybe I should park my car and ride my bike everywhere....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a pedometer? You might be getting more miles in than you think just be running around so much. Maybe that extra pound is actually muscle.

Brooke said...

I used to have one, but I don't think I've seen it since we moved. Thank you for your kind words! I'm totally going with the idea that it's muscle!