Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Workout Wednesday

I'm not gonna lie, I had a great week last week. I followed up my appointment with the cardiologist with an appointment with my primary care physician and was pleased to see I'd lost a little bit of weight. Even better than that was how much better I feel. I have more energy and haven't had many negative side effects from the meds at all. Win-win in my book.

I pushed myself pretty hard on a workout Saturday and did well (shaving 10 minutes off my previous personal best) and still felt great afterwards. I retook the fit test on the elliptical and scored twice as high as the last time I took it. Sweet!

I've bumped my weights up another level and since we are pyramid lifting this week, I'm a little sore -but in a good way.

I'm sleeping better, the leg cramps have mostly stopped, and I made it through level one of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on Sunday with very little difficulty.  I go back to the cardiologist tomorrow for a follow up on the meds and I'm seriously hoping we can work out a plan to phase them out over the next year.

I realize to do that I have some serious work to do....namely getting some of this weight off.  My primary physician told me to eat between 800 and 1100 calories a day. Unless you are eating mostly lettuce, yogurt, and broccoli that's not a lot of food. But I'm hoping it will knock me right off of this plateau. And, you know, I like lettuce yogurt, and broccoli. So it's all good.

No comments: