Thursday, April 14, 2011

Workout Wednesday - another Thursday edition

Well.

It's been a rough couple weeks. I'm still working out. I'm not pushing myself as hard until I talk to the cardiologist and have my follow up appointment with my physician.

But at this point, to stop working out would feel like cutting off an arm or leg. And I have no desire to cut anything off, much less my workouts.

I'm still lifting, just not as heavy. I'm still doing cardio, but I'm keeping an eagle eye on my heart rate and how my body feels.

I did go for my first actual bike ride this week in ages. Riding an actual bike is something between freedom and flying. I have missed it so much, and I didn't even realize it until I was back on the bike. The bike/walking path in our neighborhood is just perfect. I grinned like an idiot the entire time I was riding. Lucky for me, there weren't too many bugs out.

No comments: