Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Workout Wednesday

PROGRESS! On Saturday, R and I headed to the gym for a little stress relief. It was busy and I really wasn't in the mood to plod along on a machine. I decided to test myself. There's a very small track that runs around the outside of the cardio equipment. Time to trog (trot + jog = trog) along. So! My plan was to walk a lap, trog a lap. I ended up following this pattern for a mile, which means that technically, I trogged a half a mile.

::Fist pump:: YES!

I was breathing heavily by the end, but not heaving or gasping. I can't even begin to remember the last time I know I made it half a mile in anything above a walk. The fact that R made it over two miles on the treadmill to my one mile on the track didn't bother me at all. After all, he runs for a living. Sort of.

I wish my swim on Sunday had gone as well. :( I didn't finish the entire sixteen laps, but my form and my speed are improving. In all honestly, Saturday was such a crazy day that I was just flat out tired, and I'm pretty sure that was 80% of my problem. A big inhale of water combined with having to share a swim lane accounted for the other 20%. I had forgotten how much it burns to inhale water. Blech! I also apparently do not share a swim lane well. Even though I was sharing with R, it threw off my rhythm and swim mojo. Which translated means that I was being a big ol' baby about being crowded. And being left in the dust by R and his aquatic awesomeness. coughshowoffcough

Monday, I let S sleep in, so I didn't workout until the afternoon Zumba class. It was so crowded! Zumba is a good workout, but I wasn't feeling into all the bouncing on Monday and felt like I didn't get a good enough workout  - which is hilarious to me since two years ago, I honestly considered climbing a couple flights of stairs a 'good' workout. These days, I want lots of sweat and heavy breathing and exertion from a workout. As a result, I skipped the cool down and walked just under a mile around the track at the Y.

Since T was home sick from school yesterday, I couldn't take him to the Y. I had a PTO committee meeting last night so I couldn't go to Zumba. That meant I didn't get a workout in at all. Scratch that. That meant I didn't make the time for a workout yesterday.This morning, though, I got an hour and 30 minutes of cardio in - 35 minutes and 3.5 miles on the elliptical, 25 minutes and 1 mile on the arc trainer, and 30 minutes and a little over 6 miles on the bike. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

Bum Luxury said...

Workout Wednesday! I love it-so much better than Wordless Wednesday-maybe you will get me going at least one day a week! Glad you are getting a bit better day by day. Thanks for the inspiration!

Bridget from