Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, Monday...

Sometimes I think Monday gets a bit of bad rap.

And then I come to my senses.

Well.....I'm being a bit unfair. We had a wonderful, wonderful weekend and I think my dreading Monday this week is mostly because I didn't want the weekend to end. R also had to leave today for a temporary TDY (short term business trip), so I'm a little sad. But he'll be back by the time I have a chance to get all the extra laundry done (spring cleaning, natch) even though this week looks a bit less busy than last week.

We had incredible weather today. So even if I really was holding a grudge against Monday, the weather would have erased it. I even jumped on the trampoline with S and I can say this with 100% confidence: all that jump rope and sprinting I'm doing? It's showing up as noticeable progress. YES!

I think today was the first day in my entire adult life that I stopped jumping on a trampoline for a reason other than being winded. And I jumped for a pretty good amount of time. That's a good feeling. A VERY good feeling.

The kids were just awesome today.We had a busy day and even though they were both tired from this weekend, they were in great moods and even got along most of the time. I wondered how bedtime would go with it just being me here - in that they might think I'd let them get away with stuff that normally doesn't fly like trying to sleep in our bed - but everything today has gone really smoothly. Let's hope it continues!

If it does, I may have to become a Monday person. Which is still better in my book than having to be a morning person

No comments: