Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

This week, I'm mostly thankful for.....everything.

Thankful I'm here, thankful my kids are healthy and happy. Well, happy most of the time.

Thankful that S had a wonderful fourth birthday and we had family and friends here to share it with us.

I'm thankful that I didn't have shovel snow even though it snowed Friday and Saturday.

I'm thankful that people I worked with 7 years ago not only remember me, but are willing to give me glowing references - for a volunteer position.

I'm thankful that my Dad and I have a much better relationship these days.

I'm thankful I've been able to let go of some serious long term grudges.

I'm thankful that the people I love have love around them as well.

I'm thankful for my husband in too many ways to list here.

I'm thankful for tax refunds.

I'm thankful for all the men and women who, past, present, and future, have put their lives on the line for our freedom and our country. I'm thankful to their families for their sacrifices too.

I'm thankful for Extra dessert flavored gum - seriously? It's heavenly.

I'm thankful for my fellow bloggers. Your writing blows me away.

I'm thankful for sweatpants. Ironic as this is, sometimes my fat layer needs a little help keeping me warm. Especially when I forget to turn the heat back on.

I'm thankful for friends and much needed, overdue chats.

I'm thankful for all the luxuries it's easy to take for granted - clean, abundant drinking water, ample food (sometimes too ample), clothing, transportation, medical care, heat and air conditioning on demand, and a roof over my head.

I'm thankful God forgives our sins as plentiful and repetitive as they may be.

No comments: