Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

Today, hands down, I'm thankful for sunshine. We had a pretty horrible storm blow through here Sunday night and while I love a good storm, I'm perfectly okay if it doesn't wake me up by sounding like it's going to shatter the windows and blow off the roof.

I'm also thankful for sunshine because when it's really sunny, I can see the chin hairs I need to pluck without actually having to stand in the backyard with a mirror and a pair of tweezers while dodging the kids. Tweezers, as it turns out, can be a force for good or evil.

I'm thankful for winter sunshine because it makes it simply seem warmer outside, and I look for any possible excuse to open up the sunroof and drown out the bickering in the backseat.

But most of all, I love sunshine because it just makes me happy to be alive. Well, as long as it's 75 degrees or cooler.

No comments: