Friday, January 14, 2011

Workout Wednesday - another Thursday edition

I'm letting this become a bad habit. I switched, finally, to the new blogger editor which means that I can no longer get away with starting a post on one day, finishing it another, and having the date posted reflect the day I started it. So I guess I'll have to suck it up and actually post on the day I want it to appear. The HORROR!

But enough about my bad blogging habits and onto the real post.

Last Friday, I talked to my former personal trainer who is still in Germany. We met when I hired her as a trainer, highly recommended by my friend Julia, but Romi and I became friends as she tortured guided me towards becoming healthier and more fit. The lady knows her stuff! In the first six weeks we worked together, I lost over seven inches off my waist. To this day, I can hear her in my head when I'm working out. I miss her like crazy and was thrilled to learn she's moving back stateside this year.

So we chatted about my progress and where I was having trouble and where I was doing well. So that she could see my progress, I took a picture of me in workout clothes and sent it to her. And then I thought that maybe I should post it here.

A couple of things first: I've come a long way towards my goal, but I've still got a long way to go. I still have daily struggles with food. Like an addict, which I kind of am with food, it's one day at a time sort of thing. But since my eyes don't see the same me the camera shows, I'm going to take a picture once a month and post it as evidence of my progress. I'm hoping this will give me the incentive to push myself to the next level, and the next, and the next.  Because my weight has fluctuated my entire life and because I was so, so heavy for so long, no matter how slowly I lose the weight, I'm going to have excess skin and lots of it. My upper arms, my upper thighs and my belly are going to bear this burden. It's my hope that, after I lose the weight and prove that I can keep it off something can be done about that. I'm sure it will have to be surgical, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Enough talk. Time for photos. ::Groan::


2 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow! And you looked great at Zumba, too. I don't know what else to say except, WOW! You look fantastic. Well, that second picture cracks me up, though. Keep it up Brooke!

Brooke said...

Thank you!