Tuesday, January 25, 2011

That costs HOW much?

Nickelodeon has been advertising their all access cruise. T and S have both seen the commercial and the inevitable "Mooooooooooommmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy! We want to do that!" hit my ears yesterday.

Frankly, I'm not entirely opposed to the thought of a family oriented vacation, but I'm almost certain that the Nick All Access cruise isn't going to be ranked 'affordable' by the majority of America. Plus, they only have two 'All Access' cruises for 2010. Two.

Ruh-roh, Shaggy.

I tell T that I'll look up information about the cruise and see if there's any possibility that we could afford to go.

A-hem.

That would be a no.

One cruise is stateside. The other is European. The stateside cruise is Feb 20th. Prices for the cheaper cruise (the stateside one) start - start - at $849. This does not include port charges, taxes, fees, airfare, or probably a room any bigger than a large closet. A small room is fine for two, not so fine for four.

I break the bad news to T that we just cannot afford it.

T thinks about that for a second and then asks how much it costs. I tell him at least $900 per person and he says, "I'll pay for it. You can take the money out of my piggy bank.'

Awwww!

I explain the difference between what's in his piggy bank and what the cruise costs.

T thinks about that for a few minutes, then comes up to me and says, "It's okay, Mom. Dora and Spongebob would get on your and Dad's nerves anyway. And that slime stuff looks gross."

True dat!

1 comment:

JLK said...

It's amazing how much those "family" cruises cost, like the Disney ones. Especially when you consider all the family-oriented stuff they have on regular cruises that cost less because they don't have all the "hype" surrounding them.

I may be crazy, but the idea of a Nickelodeon European cruise just seems, well, WRONG. They could charge a couple hundred bucks and loop that boat around the Gulf of Mexico a few times - who the hell would notice the difference? lol