Thursday, February 11, 2010

Nap time

Lately, S has adamantly refused to nap. Because I obviously don't learn from experience, I still try every day to get her to take one. Today more out of habit than anything, I asked her if she was ready to take a nap and she said yes. Come again? But before she could take it back, I whisked her upstairs. To my continued surprise, she willingly got in bed. Well, okay then. Color me lucky! Then she asked me to sit with her, which I thought was reasonable, so I did. Of course in being still and quiet so she'd go to sleep, I fell asleep too.

T, who was watching cartoons downstairs, comes up after a few minutes and whispers, "Mom!" I open an eye and look at him. "What are you doing?"

Me: "I'm trying to get S to take a nap."
T: "Ok."
Me: "Want to take a nap too?"
T: "nah"
Me: "Ok"
T: "I'm going downstairs to watch Team Umizoomi"
Me: "Ok"

sometime later:

T: "Mom!"
Me: "what?"
T: "are you sleeping?"
Me: "I was."
T: "S is asleep"
Me: "She is?" Yep, she's asleep - yay!
T: "Yes, so you can get up now"
Me: "Ok" and I do
T: "S!!! WAKE UP!!! It's not time to sleep anymore!"
Me: "Ooooooohhhhhhh, nooooooooooooo"
S: "T?"
T: "S! You're awake!"

It's just no use.

No comments: