Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

We played it low key today, although R went out of his way to make it a wonderful day. I got a cooked breakfast (yum-0!), he watched the kids while I took a short nap and went to Zumba. I'm a lucky woman. Last night we watched Couples Retreat, which was cute but not nearly as funny as Hangover was.

It snowed overnight, so the kids had fun playing in it while we changed the wiper blades on the van and scraped the snow off so T and I could make a Starbucks run. S, who had flu shots on Friday, is coughing a lot and congested. I don't know if she picked something up at the Y child care room or if this is from the shots. Last night she woke up crying and we thought I could hold her until she fell back asleep and then put her back in her bed. Not so much. Every time I moved, she'd wake up. So then we decided to let her fall asleep in our bed and then we'd move her. That totally backfired. R ended up having to sleep on the couch, which was probably preferable to being kicked, pushed, or draped over. When she woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed, I was thrilled that she was obviously feeling better, but I felt like I'd spent the night in a meat tenderizer. And every time I moved away from her or moved her away from me, she'd wake up crying, "Moooooommmmmmy". Poor S. But, gosh, she's adorable when she's sleeping. And quiet. Parental love and swooning counts for Valentine's Day too, right?

PS - Happy Anniversary Dad and Susan!

No comments: