Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tell me something good

This morning I woke up at the ungodly hour of 4:43 am. I spent the next hour trying to go back to sleep, but it just wasn't happening.

So I got up and got in the shower. I've done something to some of the muscles in my back, so I stood under the hot water for a while. A long while.

By the time I got out, dried off, and dressed, Tucker walked into my bedroom with a bloody nose. We got him taken care of, then I went and stripped his bed so I could wash his sheets. Which, now that I think about it, I still haven't done.

Because, right after that Sara woke up and I'm not sure she was quite ready to face to day. Between my outstanding perception skills and the fact that the girl was actually growling at us this morning, putting that two and two together wasn't too (get it) difficult.

I ended up making both of the kids either shower or bathe because they spent most of yesterday afternoon rolling around in the grass. Of course with the huge number of birds that have been around lately, and let me demonstrate what I mean:
All those black specs? Those are birds. Yes, really.

I'm pretty sure there had to be a decent amount of bird poop on the ground. Plus, Sara's hair was just a knotted, snarled mess.

After everyone was clean and shiny and dressed, we went downstairs. And that's when I got hit with the worst headache of my life. Whomever snuck in last night and beat me about the head with a pickax? Dude, I apologize. For whatever it was I did. Won't happen again.

I ended up lying down on the couch for a bit with a blanket over my head because man, I couldn't stand the light. Tucker and Sara both played quietly beside me for over an hour and let me rest. The only peep I heard the entire time was Tucker telling Sara to let me sleep and Sara putting her hand on my forehead to see if I had a fever.

Sweet, right?

It almost makes me forget how at odds we've been lately.


But headache or not, we had stuff to do today.

Sara got a haircut. Her hair is now just to her shoulders and looks so much healthier. As long as she can get it in a ponytail, she doesn't care how long or short it is. But I'm willing to bet brushing is going to be a whole lot easier!

After that, I fixed the kids lunch, I went to Zumba, we hit the commissary (and hallelujah - they had lettuce AND chicken today. It's a miracle!) and then some friends came over for dinner. After that, a conference call, then bedtimes, and finally a chance for me to read a bit and of course blog.

And I do feel better, thanks to a dose of Ranger candy. But I'm hoping that the great weekend we ended up having will carry over into next week too. At least enough to get us all through Monday.

No comments: