Wednesday, February 15, 2012

False starts

I'm feeling down today. We had snow when we woke up on Valentine's Day and it melted by noon.

Bummer.

It's rained all day today.

If it were about 10 degrees colder, we'd have some serious snow accumulation. But it isn't, so we don't.

Double bummer.

Yesterday Sara told me she didn't want to live with me anymore. Any one else, she said, would do. This morning, Tucker was impossible to wake up and when I finally got him out of bed (without yelling thankyouverymuch) he was Grumpy McGrumperson. He refused to ride the bus. Threw a big ol' tantrum and flung himself down on the sidewalk in front of God and everyone and just lost it.

Sigh. Too bad I can't do that.

Then, when we were getting ready to leave for me to drive Mr. McGrumperson to school, he got mad because I told him he couldn't take any electronics in the car. His response to that was to open and slam my car door. Twice.  ::begin lecture # 583 - responsibility for your things and others' things::

Really I wanted to make him walk to school, but it was too far and since we don't live on base proper, there's no safe path from our house to base, much less from our house to the school. When I dropped him off, he was still full of piss and vinegar and his response to my 'I love you' was a blank look that contained just a hint of smart ass.

Dude, it's not even 8:15 yet. It's going to be long day.

No comments: