Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Workout Wednesday

This morning, I retook the fit test on the elliptical machine. My heart rate stayed almost 10 beats lower per minute from last week, but my score was still "very low". I still see that as excellent progress, and it will be really interesting to see what it takes to get an average score. I thought about asking R to take it and see how he does, but when it comes back with "WOW! You are in PERFECT shape" I might throw something. So, I haven't asked.

This week we are revisiting the P90X Tabata training. Tabata training is a four minute series of reps - 20 seconds lifting, 10 seconds of rest. Repeat x7. Sounds soooo easy, but try it -- it's so hard! I went into the Y all cocky for this round of Tabata training because after the pyramid lifting series we did, I was feeling so much stronger.

The first day was chest and bicep. By the end of the first round, I was on fire, and the weight we were using was way lighter than I thought we'd use. By the end of the workout, I felt like my arms were hanging down three inches lower than when I walked into the Y. And sore? Yowsa.

Today we did shoulders. First exercise? Shoulder presses. What weights did I use? 3 pounders. Did it hurt? To the point of tears.

On the positive side, there is a lot of room for improvement.

1 comment:

Alicia Schell said...

you know what brooke...i dont know if ive ever told you how proud and inspiring it is that you put so much time into working out and excersing and bettering yourself =)

will you be my role model? Opp! too late you already are! I got zachary to walk a little over two miles with me this morning!