Monday, November 29, 2010

Maybe it's me

Remember the Friends episode when Chandler bet he could refrain from making fun of people for a week - or maybe two? And within a few days, he folded like a cheap plastic chair at a sumo wrestler convention?


I'm having one of those moments, only I prefer to think of it more as being snarky than making fun of people. The target of my ire today?


Nick Jr.


First up? Max and Ruby. Where are their parents?!?! WHERE?!?!? The grandmother is still around, so obviously there were some form of parental units at some point. Secret rabbit spies deep undercover to stop the lucky rabbit's foot trade? Or maybe their parents are as annoyed by the two of them as I am and ran for the hills. Ruby is the equivalent of a ten year old in girl scouts and she's just...in charge. How about some speech therapy for Max, huh Ruby? How about a time out every now and then. That dragon shirt stunt alone should have gotten him a time out or grounded at least. What happened? And exasperated 'Max!' and then....nothing. Oh, and also? Thanks a bunch for convincing my 6 year old that he should have a remote control helicopter that picks up the weight equivalent of a Tonka truck - 'cause FYI. Those don't really exist.

Next - Kai Lan. Two words for you Kai Lan. Butt out. If you are running around always solving everyones problems, how are they ever going to learn to do it on their own? Also? All this problem solving you insist on doing? It's kinda....life. People get angry, and sad, and frustrated, and jealous. Sometimes, sweetcheeks, it's okay to BE those things without the happy ending. But I have to admit, learning about the Japanese culture IS pretty cool.

Yo Gabba Gabba. Love your messages, hate your delivery. And DJ Lance Rock in his bright orange unitard gives me the heebie jeebies. And the Gabba Gabbas? Kinda look like they belong in a gag gift accessory pack for a bachelorette party, ifyouknowwhatImean.

Ahhhhhh! I feel so much better now. Whew.

2 comments:

Tattedmom said...

Nope, it's not just you. I agree, I agree, and I double agree on Yo Gabba Gabba. Freak...me...out!!!

I always wondered why Dora the Explorer, who is like what, 8? was traveling miles away, across rivers with alligators and deserts with sand traps to return a library book. Where were her parents at?

=)
Morgan

Brooke said...

Yes..why isn't she in school, for pete's sake. And walking through the jungle and assorted dangerous places in shorts and short sleeves? Well, that's just asking for trouble. Snakes, spiders, ticks, and mosquitos. Just pointing that out. ;)